Application deadline: 18th July 2018
Industry: Food Tech/Nutritionist
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
2 - 5 years experience
MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES – SWITZERLAND Kenya Mission
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian Medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need based in Dagahaley and Likoni, Mombasa Sub County.
Job Title : COOK
Location : Coordination Office, Nairobi
Start date : Effective Immediately
Length of contract : 12 month fixed term contract based on performance with a 03 month probationary contract
Work location : Nairobi Coordination Office
The selected candidate shall be responsible for preparing meals for MSF staff, according to hygiene standards and security rules, in order to ensure their nutritional needs.
Main Tasks include, but not limited to:
· Define various menus and propose them to employees
· Collect on a daily basis meal requirements of employees
· Carry out the preparation of meals for staff
· Ensure meals to be served on time.
· Deliver meals to the office on time
· In case of needs, organize parties for employees
· Follow at all times all hygiene standards and security rules.
· Control stock of food so as to ask for anything needed on time, and prepare shopping list and make purchases if required.
· Ensure cleanliness of all facilities, utensils and equipment.
· Look after all equipment provided and keep an inventory of MSF kitchen utensils and equipment, i.e. plates, glasses, cutlery, cookware, etc., and ensure its integrity.
· Report all important information (lost, robbery, damages, deterioration, incident, etc.).to superior
Literacy essential, course on cooking desirable.
Previous experience in a similar NGO set up
Local language essential- English and Kiswahili
• Stress Management
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before the 18th July 2018
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)